Diego Costa’s Chelsea future back in question as Antonio Conte drops striker for Leicester trip after row

The Spanish striker has scored 14 goals for the Blues so far this season but has not travelled to the Midlands for the clash with champions Leicester

Diego Costa has been sensationally axed for Chelsea’s trip to Leicester with Blues fearing he could be off to China.

Boss Antonio Conte took the move after Costa, 28 was involved in a row with one of his coaching staff, Julio Tous.

Chelsea are also aware that at least two clubs in China have made huge offers to Costa’s representatives in a bid to lure him away from the Premier League.

He has not trained with the main squad for nearly a week following the bust-up which has thrown his Stamford Bridge future into doubt.

And his agent Jorge Mendes has been pictured with the president of Chinese club Tianjin Quanjian.

Costa’s future is now back in question (Photo: Darren Walsh)
Diego Costa of Chelsea (L) celebrates scoring his sides first goal with Antonio Conte, Manager of Chelsea (R) during the Premier League match between Crystal Palace and Chelsea at Selhurst Park on December 17, 2016 in London, England.
Costa and Conte had been a strong force so far this term (Photo: Getty Images)
Jorge Mendes with the president of Chinese club Tianjin Quanjian (Photo: Instagram / Goal)

The 28-year-old is the Premier League’s top scorer so far with 14 goals and manager Antonio Conte’s man-management has been praised for getting the best out of the player.

But the relationship has fallen apart after Costa’s representatives told their player of the incredible offer from China – believed to be worth an astonishing £570,000-a-week – and he argued with coaching Julio Tous.

Conte hinted yesterday that there could be some changes when he said: “I have to check a couple of situations and then to decide tomorrow.”

Leave a Reply